My Boots n Me is your inspirational source for hundreds of day and weekend trips around Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada. For families and photographers British Columbia has something to offer everyone. Stop awhile and savor what Mother Nature has in store for you.
You will never be disappointed.

~~Karen Cooper~~

BC, Rain and Waterfalls

Monday, July 4, 2011

Best Places to See in BC, Harrison Lake


My journey to photograph the Gold Rush history of
British Columbia has led me to places that
I knew little of.
Take Harrison Lake.
I have known it from my various trips to the Harrison Hot Springs
community. But I had just barely explored her
incredible grace and beauty until traveling along
the entire west side from Harrison Hot Springs to
Port Douglas.

Not for the faint of heart or those without four wheel
drive vehicles, the road literally turns into creek beds
in some sections.
The views are totally stunning.
The wildlife is abundant and unfettered by the
few of us that venture into their peaceful and sublime space.
There are so many waterfalls and plants, mountain vistas
and peace waiting to be experienced here that I need another lifetime
to explore and savor it fully.
For now,
I have touched the spirit of this land along the great Harrison Lake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen, I would love to take a trip like that! Harrison is a real jewel. I do love it there

Karen Cooper said...

Robin .. it has to be one of the most incredibly beautiful places on earth. I had no idea.